Contact Diane Anytime
I am happy to hear from you! Let me know how I can help!
Fine Spirit Yoga Classes Guide
Zoom Set-Up Details
Download Zoom and set up a free account.
Check that your microphone & speakers are working well.
Set up your practice space:
- Have room to spread out from side-to-side, and also from front-to-back.
- To keep from tweaking your neck to see your screen it's handy to have the device in front of your face whether you're on the floor, sitting on a chair, or standing. Consider how you can rotate/tilt your screen, and/or have a place to rest it low down & also a spot up higher.
- Gather the props listed on the Class Descriptions pages.
Log on a minimum of 5 minutes early to ensure your camera angle, microphone, and speaker, etc are ready. This is a great time to ask me any questions you may have, as is after class.
For now, the Zoom link you are provided works every week for that day/time. Each day/time has it’s own link. Many participants create a folder in their email “Yoga Class Links” to make finding the link each week fast & easy. Keep an eye on your email for updates to the links.
If you have any physical sensitivities/limitations/issues for which you'd like support from the yoga practice, feel free to communicate that with me, either via email, or before/after class.
Paying For Class
- If you pay per class, please pay on the same day of the class (preferably before class begins). This makes accounting much easier, and avoids the need for dialogue about payment.
- If you pay for a pack of classes: the time limit for the pass begins on the day you use the first class. Keep a notebook with your yoga mat and keep track of date of payments, classes attended, and date of the pass-expiration.
- Payment details for Workshops can be found on the Workshops & Events page. Once payment is received, you will receive an email with the workshop handout, Zoom link, and set-up details.
What to Anticipate for an Online Class
- After logging on, you can choose to unmute your device to speak with me, or other class participants
- If you wish to not be seen, you can click “Stop Video”. Yet if you are comfortable being seen, it gives me helpful feedback on what students are doing. I can then adapt my cues to what I see.
- When class begins, I mute all participants. Yet if you ever have questions or feedback, you can unmute your device to speak, &/or use the Chat feature (choose to send your Chat to just “Diane – private”, or to “Everyone –public”).
- At times, class participants like to be in “Gallery View”, so they see me, as well as their fellow classmates. It can provide a sense of community & dissolve some feelings of isolation. In other moments folks may wish to keep only my image big on their screen, to make it that much easier to see me. In that case, from my image, choose “Pin Video.”
General Guidelines for Practicing Yoga
- Come to class with an empty stomach.
- Wear loose & comfortable clothing that allows for easy movement. Fancy “yoga clothes” are not necessary; comfort is the key.
- Consider turning off your cell phone & notifications, to provide yourself a chance to unplug & tune inward for this period of time.
- Only do what feels right & appropriate for you. You know your body & your needs; ignore my suggestions at any time, to honor the signals you receive from within.
- Ask questions at any time!
- Still have remaining questions? Contact me!